Everyone likes flowers, although personal choices may differ between dry and fresh ones. Fresh flower arrangements not only add style, fragrance, and color to any surroundings but also enhance the beauty of your home. The delicious scent and beautiful color add an alluring and charming element to any setting. Such arrangements can even create a beautiful garden inside the home, and bring colors, and cheers on a dull and dreary day. Whether you make the arrangements to gift someone, or simply cut floral from your garden, you will always desire to enjoy their beauty and loveliness for a long time. Even the expert gardeners may find it a bit difficult to keep floral fresh indoors. Here are a few tips on how to arrange fresh flowers.
- While purchasing fresh flowers, select varieties that will last long. With proper care, lilies, roses, delphiniums, daisies, and alstroemeria will stay fresh for more than ten days.
- Examine fresh floral before buying them. Carefully check the broken petals, slime, stems for brown spots, leaves, and blooms, to understand how old the flower is. Go for those that have not fully opened, since most cut flowers will start to bloom after putting them into a vase with water.
- Keep vases clean by scrubbing them with soapy water before adding flowers. Change the waters every few days. Also, make sure that you fill vases with warm waters; since flowers generally absorb lukewarm waters faster.
- Before putting flowers in water, cut a few inches off the stem. Remove almost half inch every few days while you change water. Ensure that your cutting equipment is clean.
- Prepare a solution containing commercially prepared food for floral. This solution helps flowers to a large extent by adding nutrients and adjusting the water’s pH level in the vase. However, make sure to mix the solution very carefully since too much may burn the petals.
- Remove leaves that you find under the surface of the water. Leaves under water may get rotten and may harbor bacteria which will further diminish the natural life of blooms.
- Display fresh flower arrangements away from the sources of heat such as stoves and radiators, sunny windows, or top of television that may cause the arrangements to wither rapidly. Do not place them close to heaters or air conditioners, as extreme heat or extreme cold may reduce their capability last long.
Make a placing fresh flowers in your room a habit. If you have your own room at your office, give your secretary the task of placing some fresh flowers every day at your table.
- Flowers help improve the exterior look of your property. There are some flowers which are easy to grow and would be a perfect choice to brighten up your compound. Some of these flowers that would be easy to grow and need less maintenance include:1. SUNFLOWERSSunflowers are a good and perfect choice if you need to have bright colors in the compound. There are different varieties of the flower from which one can buy in the market. The plant requires less maintenance provided the flower has adequate water and sunlight. Sunflowers can do well in different soils and can sustain drought.2. PANSIESPansy flowers are easy to grow and maintain. The flower can be acquired as beddings which may be transferred to the required garden. It needs soil that is fertile for them to do well. Adequate sunshine makes the flowers to glow brighter and make a compound look lively. You may shed off the withered flowers to allow for fresh new flowers to grow. Here is a basic tutorial on growing pansies.3. LAVENDERThe flowers of a lavender plant have a bright purple color. The plant requires less maintenance since it’s hardy. The color of the flowers would brighten your garden. The flower can do well in dry soils and needs adequate sunshine. Choosing the appropriate variety for your location would make your work easier.4. CALIFORNIAN POPPY (ESCHSCHOLZIA)The Californian poppy plant is one type of flower that can do well in poor soil and harsh conditions. Eschscholzia plant is a perfect choice if you may forget to water your garden frequently.5. NIGELLAThe nigella flower is one of the natural flowers to grow in a garden. It requires less maintenance which would take less of your time. The plant’s seeds can self-sow hence offer a continuous beautiful look. Nigella plant can grow on any soil, and it’s not affected by pests.6. MARIGOLDThe marigold flower grows fast, and kids love the color. After a short time, with the right conditions, the plant can produce flowers. A well-drained and fertile soil would be a perfect growing ground for the plant. The marigold plant requires a sunny environment which boosts its growth rate.7. LUPINESLupines flowers are available in different colors. The plant can do well in well-drained soils with adequate sunshine. You can choose to sow the seeds or acquire cuttings to plant on your garden.8. HARDY GERANIUMThe geranium plant is well spread across the world. It can survive well in each climatic condition hence an easy flower type to grow in your garden. The plant does well in fertile, well-drained soils and wet conditions. Rising from seeds is easy if the necessary conditions are provided.All these flowers are easy to grow in your garden. You only have to provide the plants with the necessary environmental conditions. The flowers offer an excellent outdoor color with the least maintenance costs.